Saturday, February 9, 2013

Time-Where Does it Go?

Lately special diets have become the norm in our house. W. Logan is on a gluten-free diet, S is on a gluten-free, dairy free diet and I am on a low carb diet. O. Finn is happily enjoying whatever we put in front of him. I love babies at this stage. They are sooo trusting and sweet. As they get older, they complain when you make dairy-free, gluten-free Mac N, Cheese with cashews and nutritional yeast. It was bad enough when we had to replace the noodles with rice noodles. We are trying to make our food very healthy and inspiring at the same time but this was a failure. Since I'm on a low carb, high fat, high protein diet, I've become a little bit of a carnivore. I'm still breastfeeding, so I've decided to limit my low-carbs to a reasonable level so that I don't go into Ketosis.  It is kind of fun but it seems to really help my insulin resistance problem. Today we made Jicama Slaw, Blackstrap Beans and MacN Cheese. It was interesting, but we won't be making the MacN Cheese again. Breakfast is Artichoke Crab Fritatta and Buckwheat Pancakes with Crowberry Syrup.

Another project I'm working on is homemade house cleaners. I filled a bunch of different cleaners with various combinations of vinegar, lemon juice, essential oils, olive oil and water. Suprisingly, the cleaners are better than the fancy store cleaners. I made an all purpose cleaner with half vinegar half water with lavendar essential oil, and it works great for cleaning the table. I have bathroom cleaner that includes half water and the other half a combination of lemon juice and vinegar. I added 15 drops of Tea Tree Oil as well. Supposedly this is good for germs. Plan to keep experimenting with this.

I so wish I had time in the day to work on various things like my wool rug, several books that I have sitting around, or just time to clean and organize my house the way I want it, let alone do the business taxes and accounting. Oh, well maybe that day will come someday...

No comments:

Post a Comment